WINTER SOLDIER HEARINGS
On March 13-16, US veterans of the wars and occupations in Afghanistan and Iraq will gather in Washington DC to testify about their experiences, and present video and photographic evidence, as will military families and civilian survivors, in “Winter Soldier” hearings organized by Iraq Veterans Against the War (IVAW).
These hearings are modeled on the 1971 event of the same name organized by anti-war veterans in Detroit which galvanized the movement against the Vietnam war. These important hearings will be broadcast live via satellite, radio and internet all over the world; please see below for details and schedule. The Global Women Strike and Payday will organize a public view in London and possibly in other cities. Details to follow.
v Tune in, organize house parties, showings at community centers, places of worship, trade-union locals/branches, etc. If you organize an event, post it on IVAW’s website here and let us know at Payday, and we will publish it on our website. (Some time differences with the US: five hours later for the UK, six for Central and Western Europe, seven for Eastern Europe and the Middle East.)
v Write a statement of support for the hearings on IVAW’s website (tick “other” if you’re not in the US and insert your post code for “zip code” – it will be accepted). Send a copy to Payday and we will also post it on our website. We are all strengthened when US soldiers say no. If you are a conscientious objector/refusenik from another country tell them your experience. Let Winter Soldier know that the world supports them!
v For more information on what else you can do to publicize and support this important event, see IVAW’s website: www.ivaw.org.
“To stop this war, for the soldiers to stop fighting it, they must have the unconditional support of the people… Convince them that no matter how long they sit in prison, no matter how long this country takes to right itself, their families will have a roof over their heads, food in their stomachs, opportunities and education. How do you support the troops but not the war? By supporting those who can truly stop it; let them know that resistance to participate in an illegal war is not futile and not without a future.”
- The Peace Museum in Bradford
- Roslyn Cook sends good news
- @1worldcitizen #WWIII #Banksters We, the West: the US, the UK and Israel are the Biggest #Terrorists on the Planet
- The Dirty #War on #Syria – Who needs it? Who benefits? Whose Motivations? What Intentions?
- The Remembrance, by Jake Thackray
- We will remember them – and those who sent them to their death
- Filthy Britain and the Wrath of God
- #WAR against the people: #Mailonline about #FionaWoolf #energybills #CSAinquiry #UKsoldiers #Afghanistan
- “PARDON US for our Country’s Existence in the Middle of your #MilitaryBases” – UN speech by Russian Foreign Minister
- British PM David Cameron: “Non-Violent Extremists” Including “9/11 Truthers” and “Conspiracy Theorists” are Just as Dangerous as ISIL Terrorists
- “KENGATE” – BEN FELLOWS in exile for fear of state prosecution – dots between #childsnatchuk & #paedobritain
- 2013 in review – surviving one bomb and shock after another: what doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger!
- AUTHOR of The Money Bomb passes away – leaving an electronic heritage including the Bradburys!
- OBAMA risks police interrogation in Sweden + All Wars are Bankers’ Wars
- Sovereignty & Seignorage
- Sustainable Growth?
- Write in my Guestbook!
Stop the oppression of the British people
Robin Hood Tax
- Bank of England Berlin Big Oil deals Bilderberg Boston Globe Canada CIA contraction convergence crowd control David Cameron deception democracy Die Zeit Economist fascism food food prices Global Conspiracy Globalisation growth immorality international regulation internet censorship Iraq Iraq war Iraw war Jewish Hate justice law law making process limits London Mahathir Mohamad martial law preparations military violence money supply Naomi Klein national debt New York Times Obama Oil on-line petition organised crime Parliament peace bomb peace book peace child power privilege public credit Robin Hood Tax ruling elite Senate Sexual abuse spying Treasury Select Committee troops truth UK inquiry UK prime ministers United Nations United States USA US Embassy US House US presidents Wall Street Journal War war profits Washington Post Western war criminals White-collar crime Wikileaks YouTube
- 13,880 hits since Sept 2006
Independent Web Publisher and McKenzie Friend
sabine AT 3d-metrics.com